Monday, March 19, 2012

Home & Garden Sneak Peak


The Dayton Home & Garden Show is taking place this weekend at the Dayton Convention Center and I've been running around like a crazy person trying to get everything finished up in time for my display. Every year DSID, the Dayton Society of Interior Designers, participates in the show by designing 8 displays of different rooms. Its free for us to sign up and choose what type of room we want to decorate. Then its up to us to get everything together and set it all up, as well as tear it all down at the end. This will be 3rd year participating. Its great advertising and its FREE! (other than the cost of everything I have to buy for my actual display....most of which I then use for other things so its o.k.)

I don't want to give too much away about what I'm doing this year for my room but I will give you a couple of hints! For more information about the show, dates, tickets, etc, visit http://www.daytonhomeandgardenshow.com/  At the top left of the website you can also see a small photo of the space I did last year.


This dresser is going to be a part of my space as a kind of unconventional use. In other words, its not going to be used as a dresser. Unfortunately, when I bought this and it was loaded into my van, the mover loaded it in such a way that the top was completely ruined with a huge, deep scratch. This finish is impossible to replicate so my only option was to fill it, sand it, prime it, and paint it.




Here's how it turned out after painting the top black. Considering my options, I think it turned out nicely.


This is a super fun accessory.....I'm sure you can probably guess what it is without seeing the entire thing.


And as if I have all the time in the world, I'm also completing two paintings for the space, each of them 24"x36". One is already finished and here is my second one about halfway finished. My entire house reeks of turpentine!


AND...........this is going to be the best part!

 But more on that when you actually come to the show to see it!


No comments:

Post a Comment