Thursday, November 10, 2011

Arts and Crafts Bedroom: Before and After

As promised, here is another room of my house finished enough for some photos. Here is the before picture from when we first bought the house (still remember how exciting that day was!) I was going to save this for tomorrow but I will not be posting anything tomorrow or Monday due to a long weekend.
So have a great weekend!


And here is what it looks likes now:


We painted the walls gold to brighten up the room and to better compliment the border. The handpainted border was one of my favorite things about the house when we bought it so I kinda built the room around that.

I bought this furniture when I lived at my old house and there's no way I'm getting rid of it even though its rather contemporary and just barely fits into the room. I found this bedroom suite at my favorite consignment shop in Dayton for about 80% off. It retails for over $6,000!! It was barely even used. The previous owners imported it from Italy and decided they didn't like it a few months later. Luckily I was in the store when they were setting it up and bought it on the spot. I should have also bought a lottery ticket that day because I'm never that lucky!











1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura,

    Wow what a great find and you have done a beautiful job on your bedroom. Have a wonderful weekend. Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete