Monday, October 10, 2011

My Falling Out With Orange

This past week and weekend I've been pretty sick and haven't been able to do much of anything. Since I get bored really easily and hate sitting still for too long, I decided painting the kitchen was a good project to attempt while home sick from work - great idea, I know.

On a whim I chose the color "mandarin" by Sherwin Williams. I thought a bright, cheery orange was just what my kitchen needed. What I got was day-glow orange pukarama. No one would want to eat anything after looking at this color on the wall! And let me just say, the picture does not capture the "day-glowiness" of the orange. It was about 4 times brighter than this in person! This was as far as I got painting because I seriously got a headache from the brightness.


Orange, I thought we were friends. I'm blaming all the medication I'm on for this terrible color choice.

Since the orange was so terrible and left me too self-conscious to choose another color, I let Brian choose the color for the kitchen. This is what it looks like now:

It's on the edge of being "Grandma's country kitchen" but I still like it.

And sticking to orange ONLY in accessories is probably a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment