Wednesday, October 24, 2012

2012 Tipp City Christmas Homes Tour

It's never too early to start thinking about Christmas! That's what I'll be doing for the next month as I plan my decorations for my space at this year's Christmas Homes tour in the historic town of Tipp City, Ohio.

I have participated in this for the past 3 years since designers started getting involved with it. Each year about 10 privately owned historical homes open their doors to the public for a self guided tour. The homes are usually decked out with Christmas decorations in every room. Last year each designer decorated the dining rooms of each home. Remember my design? You can see it here.

This year the designers are doing the dining rooms again but unfortunately for me, the home I was assigned to dropped out of the tour at the last minute! The committee graciously came up with another idea for me to do the front porch of another home instead. It think it will be fun to do something a little different this year! Here is my porch I will be decorating:


I'm planning on changing the rug and furniture for the show. There's also a hook hanging right above the table so I think I'll do some sort of chandelier there. 






I love all the railing and posts - plenty of opportunity for live garlands and such. 



Perhaps some large lanterns on these posts?



I'll let you know how this little project turns out. I'm sure I'll have fun doing it!

Have any of you started on your Christmas decorations yet?

2 comments:

  1. Haven't started yet but I'm beginning to think about it. We also have an annual Christmas tour of Historic homes here in Chattanooga. So fun to see them decked out for Christmas - and they usually do horsedrawn carriage rides! Hope you and your readers can stop by to enter my $50 Novica giftcard giveaway!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued to see what you come up with because that porch is very similar to my own. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete