Thursday, September 22, 2011

2011 Dayton Concours d'Elegance

Dayton's 5th annual Concours d'Elegance was held at the Carillon Park this past weekend (same place we had our wedding reception!). Brian and I met up with my dad for the show, then afterwards headed back to our house for pumpkin ale and a bonfire. A pretty good day, I'd say.

This year's car show had more than 200 cars and specially featured the cars of the Roarin' 20's, the race cars of the Indianapolis 500, and 100 year old cars. You'll see some photos of each below. Enjoy!



This horn is sick. Brian and I need to get one stat for our tandem.




CarBoat anyone?



This car was my favorite from the show (besides the Triumph TR-3 which I don't have any photos of!) It was extremely sexy with its mint green pin striping that's not showing up in the photos. BatMobile meets Cruella Deville, meets James Bond. Grrrrrrrr.





I rode in the sidecar of this exact same bike as a kid at my church picnic. Wish I could remember more of it/get another ride!




It doesn't get any better than a glitter steering wheel.







These old interiors are so adorable and charming! I love all the little added extras like the fold down seats, storage compartments for gloves and cigars, and the little clock and handheld speaker! It's amazing the kind of technology incorporated into these old cars (Like the 1947 Cadillac we rode in after our wedding......it had power windows!) Also, notice the blue lanterns on the bars that fold up when the roof is up. Soooooo cute!




I know this has nothing to do with cars but I thought the NCR display of cash registers was amazing! Brian and I are going to have to go back to the park one day. I forgot how much stuff is there! If any of you come to Dayton from out of town, definitely check out Carillon Park.

Beep beep!

No comments:

Post a Comment