Wednesday, June 15, 2011

And the Award Goes to.....

I am absolutely ecstatic that I won the People's Choice Award for best room for the second year in a row at the 2011 Dayton Home & Garden Show. I think this shot in the arm was just what I needed to inspire me to keep going and to work even harder.

The other rooms were spectacular as well. Doing these shows is always rewarding in many ways. Getting to talk with the other designers in Dayton and getting to know them that much better is always fun. There's lots of talking with the public and I made several contacts for new project possibilities. Perhaps the most rewarding aspects are the compliments I recieve. Words that swirled around a lot while people remarked on my space were "fresh, cheery and alive." You have no idea how much that means to me. I feel that I really put my heart and soul into my work; they are a reflection of me. Thank you everyone for your never ending love and support! Thank you to my father and to my fiance Brian for being my "personal assistants" and putting up with my bossiness throughout all of this.

p.s. Yes, I realize that I look cross eyed in the picture below. Gotta love flourescent overhead lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment