Monday, June 20, 2011

Out with the old, in with the new

This is the new design for my....I mean "our" bathroom. I tried to incorporate some craftsmen elements since it is a craftsmen style house. That's where the hammered copper and bronze fixtures come into play. However, I just can't give up my love for contemporary. I always think that kitchens and baths can be more contemporary than the rest of the home.

The sink was ordered from Mexico and is even more gorgeous in person! The counter will be floating but will be slightly different from the photo. It will actually be curved and completely custom to better maximize the bathroom's space. The light fixture is by Minka and the shower curtain is actually a window drapery from Anthropologie that will hang floor to ceiling to enhance the 9' ceilings. The flooring is the part I'm looking forward to the most and I admit, it was Brian's idea. (yep, he's cute AND creative!) The floor will be done out of pennies and then will have a clear lacquer applied to seal everything in.

Can't wait to watch it all come to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment